Tuesday, July 22, 2008

The most advanced phone on the planet! Worst. Camera. Ever.


Dear Cupertino,

There has to be some sort of e-villainy going on here. 2.0MP? Really? No video? I mean, really?

Come on.

Come on.

It's really your fault. Your customers aren't the type that settle for anything but excellence and perfection. Why would we come to expect anything less than 110% from 1 Infinite Loop? We don't, that's why.

With that being said: What. The. Hell.

Your camera, sucks. 2.0MP in a world where we're seeing 5.0MP devices in the wild of which are doing video is completely unacceptable, especially for hardware graced with that half eaten biblical fruit. Let's stop kidding yourselves here, do what you know is right; for us.

I'd like to show you something that just might help out:

iPhone Camera done right!

Thanks!

Louis Harboe

3 comments:

Will Beinkemper said...

I think if you guys want this blog to be taken seriously by Cupertino, you should maybe be a little more respectful. Yes, we all agree the camera sucks, but you're going about it like a 6th grade girl.

Anonymous said...

I'd like all the features in the video too.

However, it is not that easy. For starters, if you just slap on a 5MP camera the only thing you'll get is worse pictures. The camera is already bad in low lights. The one thing you can do is have a bigger objectiv, witch mean a deeper objectiv, witch mean a thicker phone.. Anyone want that?

And I must say, that video, it is so not Apple.. Strange special effects, lots of moving things, annoying music.

Trust me, Apple is on it.

PS. I think the camera on the iPhone is quite good, I've seen much worse.. My old phone (Samsung U700) had 3.2MP and was much worse.

Anonymous said...

Hey, I think that guy spent a lot of time figuring out something I would love on my iPhone. I really don't care about that 2 Mega pixel as much, but that interface is amazing. By the way, Chistoffer moller, there isn't a lot of moving things, and that music was just in the demostration, and would not be in the real application if it ever came out. I have had many phones, some with 3-5 mega pixel cameras in them, and by far the iPhone's 2mp camera looks the best. Like Apple says, megapixels doesn't determine the quality of a picture. And of course, software can change the power of the hardware. I hope this is something Apple looks into, but not to seriously.