Saturday, July 12, 2008

iChat improvements


Dear Cupertino,

I love iChat.  I love its integration with Address Book, I love its integration with Mail, I love the fact that iChat has an AV component.

Couple suggestions however?
1)  One contact window.  I personally have three jabber accounts (one being Gmail), one AIM account, and a Me.com account.  This takes up almost my whole screen in lateral space.  How about one contact window?  I mean, Chax figured out how to do it, take some intel from Chax, and some intel from Adium on how to combine contacts, and you've got it!
2)  Yahoo IM?  I am probably guessing that you have a contract with AOL to only provide support for Jabber + AIM.  But if that's not true, then let's get Yahoo on board?  Yes, I understand their protocol isn't standards based like AIM or Jabber and I'm not going to expect to you to integrate with MSN.
3)  Allow for some resizing of the contact list.  I have hundreds of people in my contact list, and that's only on my company's internal server!  Let alone all of the contacts I have through AIM and GTalk!

That's all, just a couple thoughts.  Thanks!
Joel 

1 comment:

The explorer said...

Not quite a perfect solution, but using a jabber account as a gateway for yahoo msn and icq is an option in ichat.