Saturday, July 12, 2008

Me.com licensing




Dear Cupertino,

Check this out, here's a thought, instead of charging one fee for every piece of software, how about, for those people who are MobileMe customers, allow us to buy software per account?

Meaning that I can not only buy Apple Software and download it through my MobileMe account, but it's also licensed that way.  So I can have a certain piece of software on every computer that belongs to my MobileMe account?  So I can buy a MobileMe licensed version of iLife, and not 10 different copies.  Or iWork maybe?

All I'm saying is that, why do I need to make a trip to the store, and make you waste all kinds of packaging, paper, trees, gas, time, etc..  When I can just download an app straight from Apple.com, and then deploy it to all of 'my computers'?

Thanks!
Dear Cupertino Reader

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That actually kind of makes sense. Yes you can buy iLife or iWork and install it on multiple computers without registering but you still have to buy the actual package. And while i like having the package for a while it is just a waste of space and paper.